Translate

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

The Joy of ....

... a cup of hot apple cider.

Today started rather unceremoniously. Upon awakening, I made my usual trek to the coffee maker only to discover -- gasp -- No Coffee!!!!

How am I to start my day without that wonderful aroma which awakens my senses and helps each eye to open and focus??? I dare not race to the store. That requires more effort than I am prepared to put forth at such an early hour.

So, the hunt through the kitchen cabinets commenced. After a brief search, I happened upon a packet of Apple Cider, which was an amazing discovery, you might say, since I don't recall purchasing any apple cider.

After carefully following the directions on the packet -- pour water into cup, place cup in microwave, press button for "hot water," place contents of packet in cup, and stir -- I enjoyed my first cup of hot apple cider.

What a delight!!! Hence, the title "The Joy Of." Will hot apple cider replace my beloved coffee as my early morning companion???

Stay tuned to find out!!

No comments: