Translate

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

My Beloved Flip Flops

Alas, the lazy days of summer have once again slipped passed me.  A new school year has commenced, and with that, comes the time to retire my beloved footwear of summer -- the flip flop!!  Yes, the days are still warm and the nights equally steamy, but it just doesn't feel like lazy summer any longer.  So, in tribute to the passing of those lazy days, I'm pondering the destiny of my flip flops. My flip flops are special because they were a gift to me, and you all know how much I cherish gifts!!!  They're not your average flip flops either!!  They are Black with a two inch sole, and they are (or were) extremely comfortable as we treaded the steamy pavements of College Park, Maryland, Washington, D.C., and Miami, Florida.  Certainly, in keeping with all things modern and produced with planned obsolescence, the glued on strip which separated my feet from the true sole (or is it soul) of my flip flops became detached; but that didn't deter me and my flip flops from our various appointments with destiny at the Library during the Summer Research Institute I attended, nor did that detachment stop us from visiting the French Consulate in Miami.  Real troopers these flip flops of mine!!  Unfortunately, the time has come to give them a much needed vacation.  My, my, my, the stories they could tell!!!

 

 

No comments: