Translate

Saturday, September 25, 2010

My Flip Flops – Part Two

Even though it technically is time to put my beloved flip flops away, I just could not. Instead, I and my beloved flip flops jetted off to the land of Louis XIV!!

Yes, I said I and my beloved flip flops boarded not just one, but three planes to visit the land of Louis XIV!!

In a moment of madness which occurs when one reaches a certain age, I decided to apply for study abroad to improve my French!! During said moment of madness, I took the decision to stay not just one semester, but the entire year!!!

So, on 4 September 2010, I boarded a plane to commence the first leg of my journey to France!! It was a typically beautiful Miami morning – sunny and hot!! I started the morning by repacking my bags since I was determined not to be slapped with over-weight baggage charges. Finally, the moment arrived when it was time to go to the airport. Remembering my last experience at the airport, I donned my beloved flip flops and away to the airport was I (smiles).

The drive was short and uneventful, given any sane person would still be asleep on a Saturday morning, and after hugs and kisses to my son and his pal, I entered the hallowed halls of US Airways to commence my journey.

Luggage check in was easy!!! Somehow, I still managed to be charged for 7 pounds of over weight luggage!! The good thing though, my bags commenced their journey straight through to France. I, on the other hand, still had to go through security. . . .

Would you like to know more? Stay tuned. Same bat time, same bat channel,

True

No comments: