Translate

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Destination: Philadelphia

I will start today's blog by saying Thank you to the inventor of Flip Flops!!

After bidding farewell to my over weight baggage, I began the long trek to the departure gate. Loaded with the heaviest carry on bags I thought I could manage, this long trek was no small task! After completing the security check in process, I still had a good walk ahead of me.

Since I had spent the morning repacking, I had not eaten. So, with the grumbling of my stomach reminding me I had overlooked the morning's meal, I decided it was a good time to grab a bite to eat. The Double Arches of McDonald's beckoned me, and since only a few people were at the counter, I – loaded with the heaviest carry on bags I thought I could manage – began the relatively short trek to the counter.

Interestingly, with each step I took, the line at the counter magically grew! So by the time I reached the line – loaded with the heaviest carry on bags I thought I could manage – I had, in fact, taken only a few steps!!

Finally, the moment came when I presented myself to the gentleman behind the counter to place my order. I ordered a light meal, and it was presented to me quickly. Now, the task became how to get to the seat I had my eye on given I was loaded with the heaviest carry on bags I thought I could manage (smiles). After my wonderful meal, I along with my bags began the trek to the departure gate. Once there, I found a wonderful seat with a view towards the runway. Soon, I was joined by many others, and the moment arrived where we all boarded the plane. There was the usual assortment of folks, including the proverbial crying babies and barking dog. Yes, I said barking dog!!

I thought I must really be tired, but a curious glance at my two seat mates (I had my beloved aisle seat) confirmed I was not having “a moment.” For a second, I thought the barking dog of my son's neighbor had managed to sneak aboard the plane!! Indeed, someone had “carried on” a dog. The owner must have applied a muzzle as a result of many curious looks towards the end of the cabin from whence the barks came, 'cause he or she was quieted quicker than the crying babies!!

The flight was comfortable, and after a moment, I began to do what I always do on planes. I fell asleep!!!!

Would you like to know more? Stay tuned … Same bat time...Same bat channel …

True

No comments: