Translate

Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Touchdown!!!

And a smooth landing it was!! Gathering the heaviest carry-on baggage I could manage, I began the trek to the baggage retrieval area. Positive I would be reunited with my luggage, I daringly spent 1 Euro on a baggage carrier on wheels!!! I then joined my flying companions at the designated station. Lo and behold, my luggage was the first to make an appearance, and everything appeared to be intact!

I then made my way to the arrival area. I was informed prior to my departure I would be met at the airport by Madame “G.” As I drew closer to the area where there were others waiting and holding signs with various passenger names, I noticed there wasn't a female amongst them. Thinking perhaps there was a change in plan, I carefully scanned the colorful signs being held by the various representatives. My name wasn't there!!!

I thought “Maybe I can't see her because of all the tall fellows holding signs.” So, I did a careful re-scan of the area, and I still didn't see my name!! Then I thought “Maybe I should go back to the doorway and re-enter.” By doing so, I noticed a lovely petite lady holding a sign that simply said “Maryland.” I introduced myself, and it turned out she was, indeed, sent to meet me!!

With a sigh of relief, we exited the airport and made our way to the parking lot. While Madame G was placing the baggage carrier in its designated return area, I took a moment to observe my surroundings. Nice was sunny and hot, just like Miami!! The buildings which were visible reminded me of the architecture in Miami!! There was a slight difference, though.

Instead of being spoken to in Spanish, I was now being spoken to in French!!

Would you like to know more? Tune in Same Bat Time, Same Bat Channel

True

No comments: