Translate

Friday, October 29, 2010

Petite Treasure No. 2

During an errand run today, I spotted another “petite treasure.” This petite treasure is special because it reminded me of the summer of 2007. That was the summer I decided I would not deal with the “what do I do with my hair” issue, and I marched into Mason's Barber Shop and demanded a precision haircut. After verifying I, indeed, wanted to be rid of “all that hair,” the courageous barber began the task of cutting.


If you have ever seen the film, “Barbershop,” then you have a fairly accurate representation of the ambiance of Mason's. There were a couple of regulars there, and they were engaged in cheerful bantering back and forth with the other barbers in the shop. The television was on, and the topic of said bantering was sports, of course!!

The latest arrival to the conversation entered the shop, and along with the haircut, he also had a shave. This was not your shave with a disposable razor. This was a real shave which entailed the lathering of the client's face with the brush and the use of a straight edge razor. Those types of shaves require skills!!!

So, it was pure delight to stumble upon the following shop. Although closed for lunch, it's nice to know there is a place to go to obtain the tools of the close shave trade.

I present to you my Petite Treasure No. 2, for those of you who engage in the fine art of the precision shave:


No comments: